[R] Examples of advanced data visualization

Duncan Temple Lang duncan at wald.ucdavis.edu
Mon Dec 1 04:19:57 CET 2008

Hans W. Borchers wrote:
> Dear R-help,
>
> I am looking for ideas and presentations of new and advanced data visualization
> methods. As an example of what I am searching for, the 'Many Eyes' pages at
>
>     http://manyeyes.alphaworks.ibm.com/manyeyes/
>
> may provide a good paradigm. I would be interested even if it will not be easy
> to implement such examples in R, e.g. because of the interactive nature of these
> graphical displays.

A few days before your mail, I started putting together some
examples of using R and SVG/ECMAScript and R and
Flash/Flex/MXML/ActionScript.

There are some examples of R graphics that provide interactivity in
various forms and ways at

    http://www.omegahat.org/SVGAnnoation/tests/examples.html

(Most examples will work with Firefox, Opera is the most
comprehensive browser however for these examples.)

The Flex.... examples will take more time.

  D.