[R] r2 for lm() with zero intercept

Glenn.Newnham at csiro.au Glenn.Newnham at csiro.au
Tue Dec 2 07:02:26 CET 2008

Thanks Berwin
Obviously the code is functioning properly then, but do you consider this the best way of computing R^2 for a zero intercept? I just checked what excel and genstat do in this situation and the R^2 they come up with reduces for a zero intercept rather than increases. This seems more logical to me since fixing the intercept leads to a model that, at least in appearance, explains less of the variance in the data.

Cheers, Glenn