[R] Can't load Rgraphviz on windows-based R

Tobias Verbeke tobias.verbeke at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 15:10:45 CET 2008

L.S.,

> I am facing the same problem. I followed the all instructions given in help file and some steps of previous discussion (from google search) but I could not install package Rgraphiviz in windows.  I tried even the instructions given to install Bioconductor package then only able to install in Linux systems but not in Windows. In my opinion, Graphiviz package which creating problems in installation of Rgraphiviz packageis, is doing something wrong or needs some special requirements .
>
> If some body have idea regarding this problem, I am also enthusiastic to see the solution.
> Pls, if you find solution, let me know.

I installed it (without problems) on someone's Windows PC yesterday.
The recipe:

1) download and install the Windows installer for graphviz

http://www.graphviz.org/pub/graphviz/stable/windows/graphviz-2.20.3.msi

2) add the path to the graphviz binaries to your PATH environment variable

   o in the Control Panel right click on System -> Properties -> Advanced
         -> Environment Variables
   o edit PATH and add the path to the binaries (ends in ...\bin)

3) install the Rgraphviz package from BioConductor

HTH,
Tobias