[R] simultaneous plots

David Epstein David.Epstein at warwick.ac.uk
Wed Dec 3 11:48:26 CET 2008

Prof Brian Ripley wrote:

> How about dev.copy2pdf ?

I put the following into a script:
quartz(...)
....#many graphics commands
dev.copy2pdf(pdf,file="ratio1.pdf")

and then sourced the script. I got the error message
Error in pdfFonts(family) :
  invalid arguments in 'pdfFonts' (must be font names)

I found the various help files on dev.copy and dev.next, etc very hard to
understand. And I have no idea how to fix the error. I'm trying to use
defaults as much as I can.

Could you possibly give a few more lines of code by way of example, Brian?
And is a dev.off() command needed after the dev.copy(....)?
Thanks a lot for your helpful replies to so many queries. They are much
appreciated.
David