[R] Spectral Analysis of Time Series in R

Pfaff, Bernhard Dr. Bernhard_Pfaff at fra.invesco.com
Wed Dec 3 16:07:15 CET 2008

Hello Alexander,

for (3) see the CRAN-package "vars".

Best,
Bernhard

>Dear R Community,
>
>I am currently student at the Vienna University of Technology
>writing my
>Diploma thesis on causality in time series and doing some analyses of
>time series in R. I have the following questions:
>
>(1) Is there a function in R to estimate the PARTIAL spectral
>coherence
>of a multivariate time series? If yes, how does this work? Is there an
>test in R if the partial spectral coherence between two variables is
>zero? The functions I know (spectrum, etc.) only work to estimate the
>spectral coherence.
>
>(2) For some causality analysis I need an estimate of the
>inverse of the
>spectral density matrix of a multivariate time series. Is there any
>possibility in R to get this? Actually, I would be happy if I could at
>least get a functional estimate of the spectral density
>matrix. I guess
>this should work because R can plot the kernel density
>estimator of the
>spectral density, so it should be possible to extract the underlying
>function estimate.
>
>(3) Is there any possibility to do Granger Causality in R? That means
>fitting an VAR model and testing if some coefficients are zero.
>
>Thank you very much in advance!
>
>Best Regards,
>Alexander

Confidentiality Note: The information contained in this message,
and any attachments, may contain confidential and/or privileged
material. It is intended solely for the person(s) or entity to
which it is addressed. Any review, retransmission, dissemination,
or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by
persons or entities other than the intended recipient(s) is