[R] Running R under Sun Grid Engine with OpenMPI tight integration

Rainer M Krug r.m.krug at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 11:21:35 CET 2008

Did you make any progress in using R in the SGE / OpenMPI environment?
I am asking, because I am struggling with the same problem. Using qsub
does not give me an interactive session which I can use (wherefore I
don't see a way of using RMPISNOW and getMPIcluster()) and the
spawning (makeMPIcluster()) when R is running only yields slave
processes on the node on which the master is running.
I have the feeling, that I am missing something really basic - but what is it...

Rainer