[R] R simulations

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at imail.org
Thu Dec 4 18:17:49 CET 2008

Your teacher did not assign this homework to you because he/she does not know the answer, rather he/she has some vague hope that by You doing Your homework You may actually learn something.  The chances of You learning something (supposedly the purpose behind you taking the class) is greatly increased when You do Your Own homework.  As many of us on the list are also teachers and interested in students actually learning something rather than just jumping through the hoops, we are unlikely to do Your homework for you.

If you do not understand something in the questions, then your teacher (who presumably wrote the questions) or TA (who works with the teacher) are more likely to be able to help you understand than a bunch of people who have less information than you do about the goals of the course.  Your teacher/TA are also being paid to help with this, those on the list are not.

The posting guide (linked to from every r-help e-mail) has more detail on what types of questions are appropriate and how to increase your chances of getting useful replies.

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center
greg.snow at imail.org