[R] How to retrieve a method

Christian Hoffmann c-w.hoffmann at sunrise.ch
Fri Dec 5 13:49:10 CET 2008

Hi there,

I am interested in the inner workings of wilcox.test:

 > wilcox.test
function (x, ...)
UseMethod("wilcox.test")
<environment: namespace:stats>

how can I get at the code, if it is R-code? For Methods one should be able to learn what extension to use, but here default or such do not help.

Is there a wayplot.default to learn which different versions of "plot" there are except trying plot.lm,  ...

best

-c

--
Dr. Christian W. Hoffmann,
Swiss Federal Research Institute WSL

--
Christian W. Hoffmann,
Rigiblickstrasse 15 b, CH-8915Hausen am Albis, Switzerland,
Tel +41-44-7640853, c-w.hoffmann at sunrise.ch