[R] legend at fixed distance form the bottom

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at imail.org
Mon Dec 8 17:46:06 CET 2008

I suggested the use of grconvertY if you want to place something exactly n inches from the bottom, then grconvertY will give the user (or other) coordinates that match, or if you want to place something exactly 10% of the total device height from the bottom, etc.

What to do in replotting a graph afte a resize is usually tricky and requires information that the program does not have and therefore has to guess at, that is why it is safest to not depend on the computer doing the correct thing in a resize and just tell the users to resize/set size before calling your function.

If you give a bit more detail on what you are trying to accomplish and what you mean by fixed distance (number of inches, proportion of device height, margin row, etc.) we may be better able to help.

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center
greg.snow at imail.org