[R] Pre-model Variable Reduction

Hans W. Borchers hwborchers at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 13:33:16 CET 2008

Harsh <singhalblr <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hello All,
> I am trying to carry out variable reduction. I do not have information
> about the dependent variable, and have only the X variables as it
> were.
> I looked for other R packages that allow me to do variable reduction
> without considering a dependent variable. I came across 'dprep'
> package but it does not have a Windows implementation.

I doubt that you will find what you are longing for, but: There is a Windows
version available at the "Homepage of the drep package" at
<http://math.uprm.edu/~edgar/dprep.html>.
This version 2.0 can be loaded without errors into R 2.8.0 though it appears
not to be fully compliant with the tests on CRAN.