[R] ANCOVA

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at imail.org
Tue Dec 9 17:08:25 CET 2008

ANCOVA usually is used when you have a numerical covariate that you want to adjust for, your description does not include any, so a regular anova (aov function) can be used.  If you do have 1 or more covariates to adjust for, then it can be thought of as a regression problem (ANCOVA is a special case of linear models/regression) and you can fit it using either the aov or lm function.

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center
greg.snow at imail.org