[R] bayesm package not downloading via any mirror or repository

ekwaters ekwaters at unimelb.edu.au
Wed Dec 10 01:15:07 CET 2008

OK still no luck, when, as you say it is clear that the package IS available.
It really doesn't seem to matter what mirror I use and they can't all be
down. I can install other packages such as LearnBayes, VCD etc with no
issues, so can't be blocked at my end.
 My latest output:

> install.packages("bayesm", dependencies=TRUE,
> repos='http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/bayesm/index.html')
Warning in install.packages("bayesm", dependencies = TRUE, repos =
"http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/bayesm/index.html") :
         argument 'lib' is missing: using /usr/local/lib/R/site-library
Warning: unable to access index for repository
http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/bayesm/index.html/src/contrib
dependency '‘bayesm’' is not available

# when I nominate a mirror via the interface (and believe me I've tried many
different ones!)

--- Please select a CRAN mirror for use in this session ---
Warning in download.packages(unique(pkgs), destdir = tmpd, available =
available,  :
         no package 'bayesm' at the repositories