[R] snowfall sfInit error

Jochen Knaus jo at imbi.uni-freiburg.de
Thu Dec 11 11:19:35 CET 2008

Dear Mr. Ripley,

indeed that it true. sfInit() currently have a bug on Windows depending
on the usage of the Linux tools and the broken Exceptionhandling. Too
bad I never tested it accordingly on Windows (as we do not have any
Windows machines in our institute).

snowfall 1.62 is in the pipe with many other fixes (e.g. NetWorkSpaces
usage) and I will include a Windows workaround in it.

It will go out for testing at the beginning of the week and should be on
CRAN end of the week.

Best regards, Jochen Knaus