[R] Rotate basic plot (scatter) in R

Philipp Pagel p.pagel at wzw.tum.de
Thu Dec 11 12:01:51 CET 2008

> I was trying to rotate a plot using R. I tried most of the examples offered
> here in this forum, but for some reason it is not working for a Scatterplot
> or in my case: plot (x,y). With a histogram I had no problems.
> Is it not possible to rotate a simple plot?

I'm not 100% sure what exactly you mean by 'rotate'. I'll assume
you mean rotation of the entire canvas on the output device. For
the postscript device you can use the 'horizontal' option to
switch between portait and landscape orientation. Is that what
you meant? Probably not, because you mentioned that you succeeded
with histograms. Maybe you should give us alittle more
information, e.g. what exactly you need and what you did in the
case of histograms.

cu
	Philipp

--
Dr. Philipp Pagel
Lehrstuhl für Genomorientierte Bioinformatik