[R] How to Break Axis in Lattice Plot

Larry Ma larry_ma at verizon.net
Fri Dec 12 03:09:36 CET 2008

Thank you very much for the suggestion.  I did check into your sample codes:
it creates an factor for the xyplot to condition on.  However, this causes a
problem as I have already other factor(s) to conditon on.

I figured out a hard way but using the grid.text inserting "//" at the
physical location to give readers a percetion of breaking the axis.  In
addtion, one has to recode the values so that extreme values are closer to
the value before "//" and finally relabel the extreme values as well.

I wish there is a better way to break the axis in the lattice plot.

>>> from 1:10 still intact, but I can show the data at 100 as well.  It has