[R] Downloading Reuters data from R

Shubha Vishwanath Karanth shubhak at ambaresearch.com
Fri Dec 12 12:28:43 CET 2008

Thank you very much for this. But since I don't know much of DLL, I am
kind of a stuck with how to proceed with 'reuters_ts1.zip'. This zip
file contains the 'reuters_ts.dll' file.

dyn.load("reuters_ts.dll") generates the error,

> dyn.load("Z:\\reuters_ts1\\package\\reuters_ts.dll")
Error in inDL(x, as.logical(local), as.logical(now), ...) :
  unable to load shared library 'C:/Documents and
Settings/shubhak/reuters_ts1/package/reuters_ts.dll':
  LoadLibrary failure:  This application has failed to start because the
application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may
fix this problem.

Where should the 'reuters_ts1.zip' to be stored? And how can I access
'reuters_ts.dll' file for my use? Even checked ?dyn.load, but a bit
confused. How do we use this?

I am sorry, if this troubles. Mine is a Windows XP Config.

Thanks again,
Shubha