[R] mixed model nested ANOVA

Andrew Robinson A.Robinson at ms.unimelb.edu.au
Fri Dec 12 22:21:19 CET 2008

Hi Sebpe,

the analysis of the data that you describe could be a complex and
lengthy process, in which decisions that you are confronted by are
affected by previous decisions that you have made.  I recommend
obtaining the assistance of a statistician, preferably a local one
whose door you can knock on.  If you are unable to do so then I
suggest that you borrow/buy a copy of the Pinheiro and Bates book,
which documents lme() and its friends, and study it carefully,
especially the worked examples.

Good luck!

Andrew