[R] Creating a vector

PDXRugger J_R_36 at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 13 00:10:32 CET 2008

Good day all,
    I am having seom trouble building a simple vector.  Below my sample code
shows what ime trying to do and i have pointed out where the issue is.  What
happens not is that a single "TAZDetermine_FEET" is selected by i need
multiple values, as many as there are "cands".  I am thinking that this
should occur within the for loop and add a "TAZDetermine_FEET" to a new
vector ("TAZDs") each time the loop goes round but i cant seem to make it
work using what i know.  Probably simple so sorry and any help will be much
appreciated, been struggling with this for too long.

Cheers,
JR

#test location model TAZs
TAZS=101:108
#Builds test Vacant TAZ vector
TAZDEVS=c(125481,174581,556789,14755776,9984275,1324587,12457841,4511475)

#Builds dataframe simulating TAZ_VAC_FEET
TAZ_VAC_FEET=data.frame(TAZS,TAZDEVS)

#Candidate TAZs from location shoice model
cands=c(101,102,107,108)

#Create Object of length of cands
candslength=length(cands)

#Test Location Choice Model selected TAZ
for(i in i:candslength){

	#Renames randomly generated TAZ's object
	Loc_Mod_TAZ=cands[i]

	#Create test Development in Sq. Ft.
	Dev_Size=500000

	#Determines vacant square feet by TAZ
	TAZDetermine_FEET=TAZ_VAC_FEET[TAZ_VAC_FEET$TAZS==Loc_Mod_TAZ,2]

	#Heres my problem...my attempt below is to build a vector of
length-"candslength" of all of the
	#"TAZDetermine_FEET" values that are less than or equal to Dev_size.

             #heres what i have tried, doesnt get me what i want though
	#is.vector(TAZDs)
	#TAZDs=list(TAZDetermine_FEET)
	#TAZDs=vector(mode = "logical", length = candslength)

}