[R] Help - java.library.path

Stefan Gengenbach andy.s.g at web.de
Sun Dec 14 11:18:31 CET 2008

Hello all,
I`m a computer science student from Frankfurt/main (germany).
Our student team (10 students) are working on a R/Interface project (Java
and R) and we have a problem with R and JRI.
We are working on 10 computers with Windows XP SP2, R 2.8.0,  jdk1.6.0_11
and the same classpath setttings but our application works only on two
computers. We can't explain us this.

-----------------------
This is the error message:
Cannot find JRI native library!
Please make sure that the JRI native library is in a directory listed in
java.library.path.

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no jri in java.library.path
at org.rosuda.JRI.Rengine.<clinit>(Rengine.java:9)
at net.datenanalyse.iedae.rinterface.RInterface.<init>(RInterface.java:20)
at net.datenanalyse.iedae.rinterface.Start.main(Start.java:9)
Java Result: 1

OK, we know that we have same .dll reference problems. In the first step we
copied all necessary .dlls into the system32 folder and checked that we fix
all reference problems. No changes…
After this step we set the Classpaths to \Java\jdk1.6.0_11\bin and
\R\R-2.8.0\bin. No change, the error message is the same.
Do you have from an faq, idea or a guide to install the JRI?

Sorry for my bad English but I hope you understand me.

Thank you, Stefan