[R] How to fetch specific part from a number of Text files? [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Augusto.Sanabria at ga.gov.au Augusto.Sanabria at ga.gov.au
Tue Dec 16 00:44:44 CET 2008

Megh,

You can capture all your external files into R using:

All_files <- dir(pattern="txt")
Then read files one by one and insert the contents from section 2,
say, in line 10, to section 3, say in line 40, into file "cont":
no_files <- length(All_files)
cont <- vector("list",no_files)
for(i in 1:no_files)cont[[i]] <- read.csv(files[i],skip=10,nrows=40)

Now the 1000 files "cont" contain 'section 2' of all your external files.

This is an effective but not very elegant way to do what you want.

Hope it helps,

Augusto

Augusto Sanabria. MSc, PhD.
Mathematical Modeller