[R] Change in Lattice bwplot?

Fredrik Karlsson dargosch at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 15:56:09 CET 2008

Dear list,

Sorry for asking this question, but has something changed in the
syntax for bwplot in Lattice? In an old publication, I used

> bwplot( VOTMS ~gender |type * group,
             data=merge(vot,words,by="ord"),
             nint=30,
             horizontal=F,
             layout=c(3,3),
             box.ratio=0.8)

which produced a lovelly 3x3 lattice plot with one box/gender in each
panel. Now, I try

> bwplot( SyllableNucleusDiff ~ SourceLanguage,data=Hstar,horizontal=F)

to get just a simple 1x1 panel plot with groups (which I will then of
course make into a panel plot by adding | factor1 +factor2...), but I
get a "Syntax error".
So, has anything changed, or am I just doing something very silly?

/Fredrik

--
"Life is like a trumpet - if you don't put anything into it, you don't
get anything out of it."