[R] Problems with graphical devices, e.g., png(), pdf(): blurry graphical output

Y-H Chen myaverageorange at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 10:36:47 CET 2008

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 12:54 AM, Prof Brian Ripley
<ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk> wrote:
> Your PDF problems indicate a broken viewer.  How were you viewing PDF?

You are absolutely correct about the PDF files; I've since checked the
PDF files in other viewers and have not been able to reproduce the
problem. There was definitely something wrong with my default viewer.
I am most certainly embarrassed.

As for the PNG files: I've viewed the PNG files on two different
systems, in various viewers. On a Fedora system in Eye of Gnome,
Firefox, Epiphany, GIMP, and gThumb. And, on a Windows system in
Paint, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and GIMP. I see blurriness in all
of these viewers for all of the files I originally claimed difficultly
with (as mentioned in my last message, I don't see blurriness in the
images produced via type='Xlib'). I'll do more tests on other systems
once I get the chance, but that's what I see at the moment. The files
are linked to in the text file I provided, and you are all invited to
check those out if you are interested.