[R] Trouble pulling data from a messy ASCII file...

Titan8883 jplaney at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 21:22:04 CET 2008

The output I would be looking for would be one row for each data file with
columns for each variable, so using a .csv example with a few variables
would be:
File_name,date_written,program_ver,data_file_ver,bin_width
20080911.013115.007.17.txt, 20081121.145730,3.7,3.6,7.5
My plan is to create a table with all the data files listed. This would
allow me to find mean/min/max values for different variables,sort by a
certain variable, etc. I am not limiting myself to R, I have seen awk
mentioned before, so that sounds like it is worth looking at to prep the
data.

Hope that helps.