[R] replacing elements of a zoo object

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 14:50:08 CET 2008

I didn't notice the second question and was only
answering your first question:

> library(zoo)
> x <- zoo(c(361.667, 389.875, NA, NA, 397.822, 395.667), as.Date("2008-12-11") + 0:5)
> x[as.Date("2008-12-14")]
2008-12-14
        NA

For the second question use window (window also works for the first question
as well):

> window(x, as.Date("2008-12-14")) <- 1
2008-12-11 2008-12-12 2008-12-13 2008-12-14 2008-12-15 2008-12-16
   361.667    389.875         NA      1.000    397.822    395.667

See ?window.zoo