[R] autologistic modelling in R

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Fri Dec 19 14:32:54 CET 2008

Charlotte Bell <charlotte.bell <at> sheffield.ac.uk> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I have spatially autocorrelated data (with a binary response variable and
> continuous predictor variables). I believe I need to do an autologistic
> model, does anyone know a method for doing this in R?

There are several approaches that you could try. One direct spatial approach is
the off-CRAN Rcitrus package:

http://www.leg.ufpr.br/Rcitrus/

which although the documentation is in Portuguese, should get you most of the
way there. You could also look at geoRglm on CRAN, which handles a similar
setting in a geostatistical way. You may also find it helpful to look at
the handling of spatial autocorrelation in the nlme package in a GLMM context,
using the CorSpatial approach. If you like, you could also look at a GAMM
approach in mgcv. The glmmBUGS package can be used for preparing a GLMM for
running in *BUGS if the spatial autocorrelation is expressed through a
spatial weights matrix rather than as a function of distance.

Hope this helps,

Roger Bivand.

PS. RSiteSearch on autologistic does find:

http://finzi.psych.upenn.edu/R/Rhelp02a/archive/147538.html

which is a posting by Elias Krainski on R-sig-geo, where a further link
is given for a forthcoming stLattice package.