[R] package install error in CentOS

Jeroen Ooms j.c.l.ooms at uu.nl
Fri Dec 19 21:34:02 CET 2008

solved:

There was indeed a problem with exec rights in the /tmp dir as they were set
by my VPS host. I fixed it by creating a dir 'tempdir' in my homedir, and
giving it 777 rights. Then set the environment variable TMPDIR in R:

Sys.setenv(TMPDIR="/home/jeroen/tempdir");
install.packages("Cairo");

thank you :)