[R] Error: cannot allocate vector of size 1.8 Gb

iamsilvermember m2chan at ucsd.edu
Tue Dec 23 20:10:34 CET 2008

>What are you going to do with an agglomerative hierarchical clustering of
22283 objects?  It will not be interpretible.

As a matter of fact I was ask to do a clustering analysis on gene
expression. Something
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/projects/geo/gds/analyze/analyze.cgi?datadir=UCorrelationUPGMA&ID=GDS3254&myType=0
Like this

>Why? Both will have a 3GB address space limits unless the Xeon box is
64-bit.  And this works on my 64-bit Linux boxes.

I am pretty sure the linux server is 64bit.

Sorry I am just a beginner in R.  I read the "memory-limit" help you
suggested, but I still cannot find a solution to my problem...  May I know
if there is any work around for this issue?

Thank you so much again!