[R] Simulating dataset using Parallel Latent CTT model?

Nidhi Kohli nidhik at umd.edu
Fri Dec 26 14:27:24 CET 2008

I am trying to simulate a dataset using Parallel Latent CTT model and this is what i have done so far:

(START)

#Importing psych library for all the simulation related functions

library(psych)

# Settting the working directory path to C:/NCME

path="C:/NCME"
setwd(path)

#Using the function to generate the data

GenData <- congeneric.sim(N=500, loads = c(1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1), short = FALSE)

#Rounding upto 2 decimal places while showing the correlation matrix

round(cor(GenData$observed),2)

#Factor Score
FactorScore=factor.pa(GenData$observed,1,scores = "TRUE", rotate="none")
round(cor(FactorScore$scores,GenData$latent),2)

(END)

Please let me know if I am moving into the right direction, if not then, please let me know the correct way to simulate the dataset

Thanks in Advance

Regards,

Nidhi Kohli
Nidhi Kohli, M.Ed.