[R] R server without Rserve

Harsh singhalblr at gmail.com
Fri Dec 26 20:16:16 CET 2008

Hi All,
I am currently using Rserve to call R as a service and execute R
scripts. I find problems cropping up because I write my scripts in R
(2.8.0) on Windows and communicated with Rserve on Ubuntu to execute
them.
Rserve running on the Ubuntu machine has R-base 2.6.0

Many a times, when i encounter R errors, restarting Rserve seems to
correct those errors. Is there a way I can use  R on a remote machine,
by copying scripts into a folder on the remote machine, and running a
batch file to run all the scripts and then copying all the resultant
files to my local machine?

Essentially, I am writing Rnw files, Sweave-ing them and creating tex
files which i compile into a PDF document. Is there a systematic way
that will allow me to bypass the use of Rserve and still get my work
done?

Thank you
Harsh Singhal
Analyst,