[R] Tinn R

Dieter Menne dieter.menne at menne-biomed.de
Tue Dec 30 10:03:46 CET 2008

Sarah E. McCormick <MCCORMSA <at> student.gvsu.edu> writes:

> Hi, I just got a new computer with windows vista on it and I am having a
problem using Tinn R.  The problem occurs
> when I select a chunk of code and try to run it all at once using the "R
send:selection (echo = TRUE)" button, I
> get this error:
>
> Error in source(.trPaths[5], echo = TRUE, max.deparse.length = 150) :
>   object ".trPaths" not found

This has to do with Tinn-R trying to write to etc\Rpforile.site, but you need
administrator rights  under Vista to do this. Tinn-R does not report an error
during the install phase when the write is not successful.

Workaround (alternative) :

-- Add the trPaths manually. In my system, it looks like:

.trPaths <- paste(paste(Sys.getenv('APPDATA'), '\\Tinn-R\\tmp\\', sep=''),
  c('', 'search.txt', 'objects.txt', 'file.r', 'selection.r', 'block.r',
'lines.r'), sep='')

-- Make the etc directory writable by adding your user account and write
permission.

Dieter