[R] ARCH LM test for univariant time series

Spencer Graves spencer.graves at pdf.com
Sat Feb 2 05:22:42 CET 2008

Hi, Tom:

      The 'arch' function in the 'vars' package is supposed to be able
to do that.  Unfortunately, I was unable to make it work for a
univariate series.  Bernhard Pfaff, the author of 'vars', said that if I
read the code for 'arch', I could easily retrieve the necessary lines
and put them in my own function;  I have not so far found the time to
try that.  If you do, or if you get a better answer than this, would you
please let me know?  I would like to have this capability for the
'FinTS' package, and I would happily write a help page if someone would
contribute the function -- or use a function in another package.  Tsay
(2005) Analysis of Financial Time Series, 2nd ed. (Wiley) includes an
example on p. 103 that could be used for a reference.

      Hope this helps.
      Spencer Graves