[R] best text editor for Linux?

Vincent Goulet vincent.goulet at act.ulaval.ca
Sat Feb 2 13:59:58 CET 2008

Le sam. 02 févr. à 05:49, 宋时歌 a écrit :

> On Linux platform, nothing beats Emacs + ESS.

To me, an added bonus of Emacs + ESS is that you can remove the "On
Linux platform", above. Emacs is one of the very few (only?)
programmer's text editor with a good R mode that runs on all platforms
where R runs: Unix/Linux, Windows (http://vgoulet.act.ulaval.ca/emacs)
and MacOS (http://aquamacs.org). On whatever platform I need to work,
I can use the same tools. Furthermore, M-w and C-y are the *correct*
keyboard shortcuts for copy and paste! :-D

See also Section 6 of the R FAQ:

	http://cran.r-project.org/doc/FAQ/R-FAQ.html#R-and-Emacs

Wade, when you write: "I want to switch to Linux, but can't find much
in the way of a text editor in sync with R", you didn't look very
hard, now did you? ;-)

HTH

Vincent