[R] Looking for volunteer moderators for R-help

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Sat Feb 2 16:19:59 CET 2008

As mentioned three days ago, the R-help mailing list is now
only accepting postings from subscribers (more or less)
unconditionally.

Non-subscriber postings are currently held for moderation
which we would like to "out source".
To this end, we look for volunteers who are willing to share
the load (I estimate about 10 minutes a day in total).
One possibility would be to have a moderator for each week day,
and they could substitute each other when one of them is
vacationing, sick, ...  but other schemes will be possible

You would typically

 - be personally known to one of the @r-project.org people
   (R-core, R-foundation + a few) who'd ``guarantee'' your
   integrity

 - be willing to do "the job" with a horizon of at least a few
   months

On ``your day(s)'', all via the mailman web-interface,

 - approve  legitimate postings (by clicking the "Approve" box)

 - discard  spam                (by clicking "Discard" ...)

   (and not actually *reject* things)

Your reward ?

 - General gratitude
 - being a non-insignificant part of the R community
 - .... hall of fame of R ;-)

Please reply to me only (not the whole R-help list)
if you are volunteering for the above,
not later than Monday, Feb.4 (any timezone).

Martin Maechler,
for the R-core team