[R] best text editor for Linux?

Adrian Dusa dusa.adrian at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 19:32:49 CET 2008

On Saturday 02 February 2008, Frank E Harrell Jr wrote:
> Stefan Grosse wrote:
> [...]
> > alternatively you could use the hardy (next ubuntu version) repository
> > either via synaptic or the package (for the 0.4.9 package):
> >
> > http://packages.ubuntu.com/hardy/math/rkward
>
> The hardy release has major dependency problems for gutsy users.
>
> So there is no version of rkward that is made for Ubuntu gutsy for users
> with current versions or R.

I'm using Gutsy and managed to install rkward. It does have some dependencies
which need some upgrades, but it wasn't such a hassle.

The only package it really complained was libgfortran, but I found this fix on
the Internet:

sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libgfortran.so.2 /usr/lib/libgfortran.so

After that, it worked like a charm and must say I'm pretty impressed. It they
keep developing it like that, I might actually switch (for the moment I use
the good old jEdit).

Hope it helps,
Adrian

--