[R] use classificators learned in R in "real-life", e.g. C

sich at gmx.de sich at gmx.de
Sun Feb 3 20:16:38 CET 2008

Hi there,
I am interested in using R for machine learning (supervised classification).
Currently, I have been investigating especially the rpart, tree, and randomForest package, and have achieved first results.

are there any experiences, how the learned classificators could
be used in e.g. C ?
in other words, I want to "transfer" the learned predictor from R
to C-code.

for e.g. rpart, this could of course be done by hand, but, if the tree
is sufficiently complex, this is very cumbersome.
and for randomForest (which seems to work better for me), this would be
even more complex.

maybe one way would be to call R from C, but I expect the overhead
would be quite high - I need to perform thousands of queries

so maybe there is a convenient way to export the classificators to C?

thanks a lot,
best regards
lars