[R] How to search for packages

hadley wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 18:33:05 CET 2008

> Your site is interesting .... the little example with the graphics is actually what i was thinking about. Now I've tagged 2 packages as "robust analysis" but if i press the Tags button i see only my tags - i don't see the graphics tags anymore. I would be extremely happy if you get enough motivation to continue this effort.

Oops, that was a dumb bug in my code, now fixed.

> Also it is staggering that there are over 1200 packages for R .... i was suspecting close to 1000  .....

And the site is a couple of weeks out of date, so there are probably even more.

> About reviewing packages - i am not sure i am versed enough for that but at least it might be of interest that some packages do not like to be loaded together for some of their functions to work properly. The example i know of is "robust" and "mvoutlier". I like both packages and i use them quite often .... but now i know when i can have both loaded together and when i have to detach one or another. On the other hand i've published some scientific articles in which i've used R and different packages. It might be of interest to have a place to cite these articles, even if their main focuss is not R itself, but R was used to perform the analysis.

The intent isn't to provide large in-depth reviews, but to make it
easy to add comments like yours above.  I agree it would be also nice
to have some central place that lists all articles which cite a given
R package, but that would be a lot of work.

Hadley

--
http://had.co.nz/