[R] SAS ODBC

Scillieri, John John.Scillieri at constellation.com
Tue Feb 5 22:07:20 CET 2008

All,

I'm trying to connect to a remote SAS server using SAS's 9.1 ODBC driver
and the RODBC package. I'm running R-2.6.1 on Win XP. I can successfully
connect to the database, but no matter which table I query, I get back
an empty table with only the column headers. For example:

	> sqlQuery(con, "select * from PRICES.DB_PRICES")

	[1] COMMOD_CURVE START_DATE   PRICING_DATE PRICE
	<0 rows> (or 0-length row.names)

sqlTables also returns back an empty table:

	> sqlTables(con)

	[1] TABLE_QUALIFIER TABLE_OWNER     TABLE_NAME      TABLE_TYPE
REMARKS
	<0 rows> (or 0-length row.names)

And sqlFetch doesn't work either:

	> sqlFetch(con, "PRICES.DB_PRICES")

	Error in odbcTableExists(channel, sqtable) :
	  'PRICES.DB_PRICES': table not found on channel

Are their other options I should be using with RODBC to pull the data? I
have tested the connection in MS Access and can successfully display
data (using File->Get External Data...->ODBC->...)

Any suggestions would be great, thanks in advance for your help.

John Scillieri
>>> This e-mail and any attachments are confidential, may contain legal,
professional or other privileged information, and are intended solely for the
addressee.  If you are not the intended recipient, do not use the information
in this e-mail in any way, delete this e-mail and notify the sender. CEG-IP2