[R] wilderSum

Josh Ulrich josh.m.ulrich at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 16:10:59 CET 2008

Shubha,

The calculation is:

wilderSum[1] <- x[1]
for(i in 2:NROW(x)) {
  wilderSum[i] <- x[i] + wilderSum[i-1] * (n-1)/n
}

Where 'x' is the price series and 'n' is the number of periods.

You can see the calculations for all functions in TTR's source code,
which is on CRAN and r-forge
(http://r-forge.r-project.org/projects/ttr/).

Please feel free to contact me directly regarding questions about TTR.

Best,
Josh

--
http://quantemplation.blogspot.com