[R] Row percentages for a table object

Tom Backer Johnsen backer at psych.uib.no
Thu Feb 7 20:03:55 CET 2008

I an stumbling on something that is probably very simple, but I cannot
see the solution.  I have an object generated by the table () function
and want to recompute this table so each cell represents the
percentage of the corresponding row sum.

Of course a dedicated function can be written (which I have done),
containing the necessary loops etc., but there should be a simpler
way.  I'd prefer something simple and as transparent as possible since
it is for use in a text I am writing for my students.  I have fiddled
around with the apply () function but have so far been unable to find
something that works.

Any suggestions?

Tom