[R] error propagation

Steven Van Wilgenburg slv511 at mail.usask.ca
Fri Feb 8 17:55:18 CET 2008

Hello,

I wish to examine the influence of error in variables on my analyses
via error propagation. I have a data frame (x) as follows:

id   response
1    -121
2    -131
3    -125
etc.....

I wish to propagate errors for each row in the data frame, where error
is distributed around the value of the response variable. To do this, I
wish to simulate 1000 variables for each row in the above data frame. I
wrote the following, but suspect that it is not applying the function
to each row....

sim<-rnorm(1000,mean=x$response, sd= (rnorm(1000,mean= 9.454398,
sd=1.980136)))

Do I need to use tapply to have the function iteratively go through
each row?

Any advice would be appreciated.

-Steve