[R] Newbie on plotting

Joe Trubisz jtrubisz at mac.com
Fri Feb 8 22:00:36 CET 2008

Hi...

I am issuing a: plot(x,y), where x is a factor.
i expect a box-and-whisker plot and I do get it.
The data is 'bucketed' into 10 buckets on the x-axis.
When I process some data, I get data in buckets 1,7,8,9 and 10.
Problem is when I plot it, it shows only those buckets on the x-axis.
if I subsequently do a points(4,3,pch-16) for example, it places the
point not at x=4, but at x=9. It's as if R kind of forgot the scaling.

What am I doing wrong here? I really would like 0-10 to appear
on the xaxis and I can't seem to get this to work.

Joe