[R] Do I need to use dropterm()??

DaniWells dani_wells210 at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 10 14:40:08 CET 2008

Hello,

I'm having some difficulty understanding the useage of the "dropterm()"
function in the MASS library. What exactly does it do? I'm very new to R, so
any pointers would be very helpful. I've read many definitions of what
dropterm() does, but none seem to stick in my mind or click with me.

I've coded everything fine for an interaction that runs as follows: two sets
of data (one for North aspect, one for Southern Aspect) and have a logscale
on the x axis, with survival on the y. After calculating my anova results i
have all significant results (ie aspect = sig, logscale of sunlight = sig,
and aspect:llight = sig).

When i have all significant results in my ANOVA table, do i need dropterm(),
or is that just to remove insignificant terms?

Many thanks,

Dani