[R] R on Mac PRO does anyone have experience with R on such a platform ?

Charilaos Skiadas cskiadas at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 21:06:29 CET 2008

JiHO, in case you are not following TextMate's mailing list, you
might want to check out Hans-Jorg Bibiko's work on Rdaemon:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.editors.textmate.general/24195/

It provides a lot of the terminal functionality within a TextMate
window, uses X11 for the plots, and opens help files either in a
browser or in a TextMate HTML window. It essentially runs an R
process in the background, and communicates with it, so I'm not sure
it would allow you to run R on a remote server. But I think it is
worth checking out otherwise. Currently you have to install the
bundles from the above link, but I'm hoping soon we'll be able to
commit these bundles to TextMate's bundle repository.

Anyone interested in trying it out and having problems, you can email
TextMate's mailing list (http://macromates.com/community), which both
I and Hans-Jorg follow closely.

Haris Skiadas
Hanover College

PS: Yes, it is the best $40 I've ever spent, by far.