[R] Formulae for R functions

Charles Annis, P.E. Charles.Annis at StatisticalEngineering.com
Tue Feb 12 15:14:06 CET 2008

Richard:

Assuming that you have installed R and are not trying to find everything on
the website, you can list the code of any function by just typing the
function name and <enter>

You will necessarily have to read the R code, but that is much easier than
it may seem when you look at a couple pages of it, as you will when you list
predict.lm

Best wishes.

Charles Annis, P.E.

Charles.Annis at StatisticalEngineering.com
phone: 561-352-9699
eFax:  614-455-3265
http://www.StatisticalEngineering.com

-----Original Message-----
From: r-help-bounces at r-project.org [mailto:r-help-bounces at r-project.org] On
Behalf Of Richard Saba
Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2008 8:36 AM
To: r-help at r-project.org
Subject: [R] Formulae for R functions

Can someone direct me to a resource or resources that list the formulae used
by R  functions (i.e. predict.lm ) to calculate the statistic reported.  I
am not a programmer and studying the r code is extremely slow going.  I
have searched  r-project.org and all the function help files without
success. For example I have attempted to replicate by hand the se.fit
calculation from a lm object calculated by a call to the predict function
and have not been able to reproduce the results.

Thanks,

Richard Saba

Department of Economics

Auburn University