[R] summary statistics

stephen sefick ssefick at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 17:57:55 CET 2008

below is my data frame.  I would like to compute summary statistics
for mgl for each river mile (mean, median, mode).  My apologies in
advance-  I would like to get something like the SAS print out of PROC
Univariate.  I have performed an ANOVA and a tukey LSD and I would
just like the summary statistics.
thanks

stephen

RM       mgl
1  215 0.9285714
2  215 0.7352941
3  215 1.6455696
4  215 0.6000000
5   sc 1.8333333
6   sc 0.8333333
7   sc 2.5438596
8   sc 0.2500000
9  202        NA
10 202 0.5500000
11 202 0.8148148
12 202 1.6666667
13 198 0.5038760
14 198 0.3823529
15 198 0.7600000
16 198 0.4800000
17  hc 3.1818182
18  hc 3.7254902
19  hc 4.3750000
20  hc 2.6415094
21 190 0.3500000
22 190 0.4400000
23 190 0.6500000
24 190 0.5000000
25  bc 9.0000000
26  bc 5.0000000
27  bc 4.0000000
28  bc 3.2000000
29 185 0.7386364
30 185 0.5000000
31 185 1.1538462
32 185 0.6000000
33 179 1.8181818
34 179 1.1980000
35 179 2.5000000
36 179 2.0000000
37 148 2.0833333
38 148 2.3333333
39 148 3.1000000
40 148 2.2142857
41 119 2.4444444
42 119 2.3275862
43 119 4.7142857
44 119 1.7692308
45  61 2.8888889
46  61 3.2500000
47  61 4.7500000
48  61 2.6337449

--
Let's not spend our time and resources thinking about things that are
so little or so large that all they really do for us is puff us up and

								-K. Mullis