[R] Does goodfit() require frequency count of the numbers or numbers themselves?

Achim Zeileis Achim.Zeileis at wu-wien.ac.at
Wed Feb 13 20:07:12 CET 2008

On Thu, 14 Feb 2008, Aswad Gurjar wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am a student and for project I need R.
> I have one problem regarding function goodfit().

...from package "vcd".

> Does goodfit() require frequency count of numbers or numbers themselves?
> For example suppose I have data say 150 readings.Do I need to use goodfit()
> directly on data or
> should I make suitable no of bins and then apply goodfit()?

Let me read the help page to you. ?goodfit says

       x: either a vector of counts, a 1-way table of frequencies of
          counts or a data frame or matrix with frequencies in the
          first column and the corresponding counts in the second
          column.

The examples on the same man page have illustration for various usages of
goodfit().

Let me also read the footer of this e-mail to you:

best,