[R] R equivalent of linux "cut", "paste", and "grep" ?

Romain Francois rfrancois at mango-solutions.com
Thu Feb 14 10:57:14 CET 2008

Hi,

If you are on a linux system, you can use these linux commands through
pipe.
Otherwise :
- perl would do a great job on this.
- if you are familiar enough with SQL syntax, you can use the
development version of the sqldf package to work on csv files as if they
were database tables. See example 8 in http://code.google.com/p/sqldf/

Cheers,

Romain

--
Mango Solutions
data analysis that delivers

Introduction to R training course :: London :: 06-07 March 2008
http://www.mango-solutions.com/services/rtraining/r_intro.html