[R] Question: about loading a new package

(Ted Harding) Ted.Harding at manchester.ac.uk
Thu Feb 14 14:48:33 CET 2008

On 14-Feb-08 13:23:17, Stefano Sofia wrote:
> I am using R Version 2.3.1 (2006-06-01) in Linux with Ubuntu 7.4.
> I installed a new package with
>
> R CMD INSTALL -l /usr/lib/R/library newpackage.tar.gz
>
> Each time I run R I need to load this new package typing
> library(newpackage).
> My question is: how can I automatically load this new package
> once for ever?
> I read the manual but I have not been able to find the solution to
> that.
>
> thank you
> Stefano

Since you are using Linux, your home directory (e.g. /home/stefano)
will contain a file .Rprofile (which you won't normally see unless
you run the Linux command ls -a).

Edit this file so that it includes the line

  library(newpackage)

(and, while you're at it, anything else that you would like
to be done every time you start R).

Hoping this helps,
Ted.

Fax-to-email: +44 (0)870 094 0861