[R] passing username and password to source()

[Ricardo Rodriguez] Your XEN ICT Team webmaster at xen.net
Fri Feb 15 00:20:21 CET 2008

Phil Spector wrote:
> Ricardo -
>     The authentication can't be done through environmental variables --
> the only way is to send an Authorization header.   I believe the
> environmental variables that Dieter is thinking of are the ones that
> are created on the server side based on the headers that the user
> agent sends.
>                                                       - Phil

Hi Phil,

If I've well understood what you and the other colleagues have said is
that whatever the method to write the authorization header I use, it is
the only way of accessing programmatically my server.

I've installed Live HTTP headers, but I am still far from understanding
all the messages in its window.

Please, could you point me in the right direction to learn what must I
look for in Live HTTP headers log? Any example?

Thank you so much,

Ricardo

--
Ricardo Rodríguez