[R] lineplot.CI problem

Manuel Morales Manuel.A.Morales at williams.edu
Fri Feb 15 16:23:45 CET 2008

On Fri, 2008-02-15 at 15:18 +0100, Dieter Vanderelst wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I have a problem plotting data using the lineplot.CI command in the sciplot package.
>
> I want to plot the data of 2 experimental cases using different lines (traces). Time is on the X-axis. The tricky thing is that the data collection in the second case started later than for the first case. This is to say: the first n data points for the second case are missing.
>
> So far so good. However, when I plot the data using lineplot.CI, the standard error bars are not aligned correctly with the markers.
>
> I know that this might be difficult to imagine. Here you can find an example: http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh115/MarkerMe/example.png
>
> So, has anybody experienced this problem and solved it before? I think I could try padding the data of the second case with zeros to eliminate the missing data. But I hope there is a better solution.

I wrote this function to plot data from factorial designs. The current
version therefore fails for designs where data are not present in all
levels of the variables, as is the case for your example. I'll take
another look at this and see if there's an easy way to change this.

Manuel

http://mutualism.williams.edu